You are here
Accelerated Bachelor to BSN Program (ABSN)
You already have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in another field and now you are thinking about a career change into the field of nursing! You can accomplish your goal with the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program – a full-time nursing program designed for adults seeking to enter the nursing workforce with a BSN degree. Our nursing faculty members are skilled practitioners with a passion for the nursing profession. They will become your mentors and partners as you transition to the field of nursing. Our 19-month accelerated program runs in six, 12-week sessions (including summer). You will attend as a full-time student. Graduates of the program are eligible to apply to the State Board of Nursing to take the RN-NCLEX examination and qualify for admission to graduate study.
Curriculum and Prerequisite Course Requirements
- 64 credits in nursing sequence - REQUIRED COURSES
- 18 credits in prerequisite courses - must be completed prior to starting nursing sequence.
- Anatomy* and Physiology I* & II* - 8 credits
- Microbiology* - 4 credits
- Statistics - 3 credits
- Lifespan Development - 3 credits
* Students who have taken the prerequisite science courses more than seven years prior to the beginning of the program are required to either pass a challenge examination in order to receive university credit or retake the course/s and achieve a grade of B- or higher in order to be considered for admission.
- Successful completion of 64 pre-licensure credits.
- Maintenance of a cumulative GPA of 2.75 throughout the program.
- A grade of C+ or higher in all nursing courses. A course grade is comprised of academic course work and a satisfactory in clinical practice. You are permitted only one repetition of one nursing course for a grade less than C+.
- A grade of C or higher in core courses and C or higher in non-nursing courses.
- Degree requirements must be completed within seven years from the start of the program. This time limit includes leaves-of-absence. Students who do not complete the program requirements within this time frame may be required to complete additional coursework.
- See complete list of University and Academic Policies for the School of Nursing.
The Accelerated Bachelor to BSN program (ABSN) uses rolling admissions. To learn more about how to apply, visit the apply now page. Interested in learning more before applying? Request more information today!
Graduate Course Catalog
Follow this link to view the latest Graduate Course Catalog.