You are here
Admission Requirements - Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program
Admission Requirements for High School Seniors*
- A completed application to the University.
- Proof of high school graduation, official transcripts, GED/IGCSE or copy of High School diploma.
- 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Minimum 920 or higher on the SAT.
- Minimum ACT composite score of 17 or higher on the newly concorded ACT.
- A grade of C+ or higher in high school laboratory Biology and Chemistry.
- A grade of C+ in Algebra I and one of the following courses: Geometry, Algebra II or Calculus.
- Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
Please note: If you do not meet the admission requirements you may consider the Preparing for a Career in Nursing Program, which provides additional support and coursework for recent high school graduates with no prior university experience needing to strengthen their academic abilities to meet the eligibility requirements for admission to the Felician University nursing program. The prescribed coursework includes educational remediation and developmental work.
Admission Requirements for Transfer Students*
- A completed application to the university.
- Official copies of transcripts.
- C+ (77) or higher in high school or university level laboratory chemistry.
- C+ (77) or higher in two years of university preparatory math, including at least one year of algebra or a university level math course.
Completion of at least 30 university credits which must include the following pre-requisite courses (with a C+ or better and a 3.0 or higher GPA):
- English I and II
- Life Span Development
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- Global Consciousness Elective or Faith and Reason Elective
- Critical and Analytical Thinking Elective
- Students who have taken the required science courses more than seven years prior to beginning the junior year clinical nursing sequence are required to either pass a challenge examination in order to receive university credit or retake the course/s and achieve a grade of C+ or higher.
- No non-nursing course with a grade less than a C will be accepted for transfer credit.
- An evaluation regarding the transferability of credits in nursing courses is done on a case-by-case basis. The official transcript must be on file with the Admissions Office or the Registrar. It is the responsibility of the student to provide the Associate Dean of the program a copy of the course syllabus. A grade of B- or higher is required in the course in which transfer credit is being requested. The Associate Dean shall make the final decision regarding the awarding of transfer nursing credits.
* Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Progression Pre-requisites for Entrance to Junior Year Nursing
- Prior to enrolling in courses in the Junior Year's Clinical Nursing Sequence, students must first satisfy the following requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of 60 credits of required preclinical coursework as identified by the program in the University catalog with a cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- A passing grade in all nursing mentoring seminars.
- A grade of C+ or higher in all nursing and science courses.
- A grade of C or higher in all other courses.
- Proof of CPR (either American Heart Association - BLS for Health Care Providers), Liability Insurance, and Health Clearance on file with the Director of Clinical Compliance.
- Adherence to a criminal history background check as required by a clinical agency. The Agency reserves the right to exclude a student from their site based on the results of their
Criminal History Background Check. Such exclusion shall result in the student being dismissed from the nursing program.