You are here
Admission Requirements - Doctor of Nursing Practice: Executive Leadership or Advanced Practice
- Completed application.
- Master's degree in nursing or related field (e.g. MBA, MPA, MHA) from a nationally accredited program.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in graduate coursework.
- Registered professional nurse license.
- Advanced practice registered nurse licensure (APN) if applicable.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate or graduate-level statistics course and a graduate-level nursing research course.
- A notarized copy of the photo page of a government-issued identification such as passport or driver’s license.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Written statement and essay.
- Personal interview.
- Requirements specific to the program track.
DNP Advanced Practice Program Track Admission Requirements:
- Master of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited program.
- National certification in a specialty.
- Current professional practice in the Advanced Practice role.
DNP Executive Leadership Program Track Admission Requirements:
- A Master’s degree in nursing or related field (i.e., MBA, MPA, MHA).
- Portfolio assessment (May indicate need for additional coursework and/or additional hours).
Visit the graduate catalog for additional admissions criteria.
For International Students
- A minimum score of 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL or 550 on the paper-based TOEFL is required of graduates of non-English speaking countries.
- International academic credentials are reviewed by an international accrediting agency (World Education Services) on an individual basis.