You are here
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology
Ever wonder why people do and say the things they do? Are you looking for answers to some of the issues facing people of the world today? The study of psychology tries to find the answers to these and a variety of other questions about the way humans live, relate, and react in our world.
As a student of psychology, you will learn to think critically and scientifically about human behavior, thoughts and emotions. Students who graduate with a bachelor’s degree in psychology develop skills that are important in various careers and are prepared to enter graduate or professional schools.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Minor in Psychology (18 credits) – complements majors in nursing, education and business
Points of Interest
- Interact with fellow psych majors in the Psychology Club. Learn more about their activities and research projects at facebook.com/FelicianPsyClub.
- Qualify for membership and join the Felician University chapter of Psi Chi International Honor Society, an organization dedicated to the advancement of the science of psychology.
- Travel and study in Spain during the summer! Students taking “Psychological Principles in Intercultural Communication” during the spring semester will visit and do field work Barcelona, Spain, in late May. Dr. Awilda Perez-Lane teaches the course.
- All psychology majors must learn experimental methods, including basic statistical techniques. You will develop and present independent research in your senior year.
- Goals of the psychology major are adapted from the American Psychological Association’s guidelines for undergraduate programs in psychology.