You are here
Some students choose mathematics because of the beauty and power behind the numbers and equations. Other students study mathematics to develop the skills to solve real-world problems in science, technology and society. Mathematics has connections to many disciplines and you will become prepared to enter a variety of career fields or graduate study programs where quantitative skills and analytical abilities are valued.
Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
You will find that our mathematics curriculum offers a unique way of interpreting the world around you, using the symbolic language of mathematics as a tool for precise reasoning, problem solving, persuasive expression, and computation.
Minor in Mathematics
To earn a minor in mathematics, you must complete 18 credits in mathematics not already required by your major.
Co-major in Mathematics and Education
If you are interested in becoming a math teacher, you may co-major in mathematics and education at Felician University, with a choice of two mathematics certification programs:
- Instructional Certificate Elementary (K-6) and Subject Specialization Endorsement (5-8 Mathematics)
- Instructional Certificate – Teacher of Mathematics Endorsement (K-12)
Points of Interest
- At Felician University you will find that mathematics is not a spectator sport! Math majors are encouraged to join the student-led Math Club and take an active role in a variety of extracurricular activities:
- Pi Day
- Problem Fest
- Field trips to the Museum of Mathematics in NYC
Mathematics competitions through the Mathematics Association of America (MAA)
- Students majoring in mathematics have the opportunity to work independently with a mentor in the department to research an area in the field of mathematics.
- Related degrees in mathematics are: Computer Programming, Accounting, and Finance.