You are here
Do you have a love of language? Are you interested in developing a clear and expressive writing style? Become an English major and take some fascinating courses in literature and writing! You will discover a world of opportunity as you acquire skills in reading, writing, critical thinking, public speaking, analyzing and researching – essential skills that can be applied to a variety of future career possibilities.
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Co-major with English and Education
- Minor in English
- Minor in one or more interdisciplinary programs: Women’s Studies, Medieval Studies, or Pre-Law
Points of Interest
- Learn about a variety of literary periods – the Medieval Period to Post-Modern literature.
- Study all the literary genres – non-fiction, poetry, drama, short story, novel, and children’s literature.
- Develop your writing style in every interest – essay, creative writing, travel writing, and persuasive writing.
- Participate in poetry readings every semester (our faculty will also join the readings).
- Actively engage in small, seminar-style classes.
- Take advantage of a combination of both online and in-class learning.
- Conduct senior research with a faculty mentor of your choice, who guides and supports your individual growth in research and writing about literature.