You are here
Take the first steps toward a career as a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) in the pre-professional program at Felician University. Chiropractic is a health care profession that focuses on the relationship of the neurological and structural systems of the body as they relate to health. Chiropractors are physicians who practice their healing art through drug-free, non-surgical means and recommend therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises, as well as provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling.
Pre-professional Program at Felician University
In the accelerated pre-professional Chiropractic Program, you will spend three years at Felician and earn your Bachelor of Science in Biology from Felician University upon successful completion of your first year of courses at New York Chiropractic College (NYCC).
- Complete approximately 96 pre-professional credits (47 credits in the General Education Curricular Commons and 49 credits in required natural sciences and related courses) within the first three years at Felician.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Biology from Felician upon successful completion of your first year of courses at NYCC.
- Earn your Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) upon completion of the remainder of the required coursework (approximately two years) at NYCC.
Applying to New York Chiropractic College
Advisors are available one-on-one and can help you navigate application time lines, requirements, and program prerequisites.
- Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.10 and a minimum grade of “C” in all math and science courses.
- Apply for admission to New York Chiropractic College for your professional coursework.
- Provide three letters of recommendation, including at least one letter from a Doctor of Chiropractic.
- Participate in an admissions interview.