You are here
Are you curious about the billions of living organisms that inhabit our planet? When you are a biology major at Felician University, you will have the opportunity to study the living world from the smallest cells to massive ecosystems. Biological sciences span a wide range of interests that includes anatomy and physiology, molecular biology, ecology and evolution, and health-related biology. With a strong foundation in the basic principles of biology, you will have many career options available to you.
If you wish to pursue a career in a health-related profession, Felician University offers several accelerated, pre-professional programs with cooperating professional schools. These programs include: Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Respiratory Therapy Technology, Medical Imaging Sciences, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Audiology, and Podiatry.
Pre-Medicine and Pre-Veterinary: St. George’s University and Felician University offer students an opportunity to obtain a BS/MD degree through a joint degree program. Qualified students are able to pursue a career in medicine at St. George’s University following successful completion of a Biology Degree at Felician University. Qualified students meeting the requirements for acceptance are admitted into the MD program at St. George’s University. For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 201-355-1465.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Minor in Biology - 19 credits in biology courses
- Concentration in Biochemistry - 49 credits in biology and chemistry courses to prepare for entry into graduate programs and careers such as pharmacology, biotechnology, and chemical analysis.
Points of Interest
- Plan and execute an original, hands-on research project in your senior year. You will complete this one-semester project in either biology or chemistry under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Get a head start when applying to post-graduate programs! Qualified candidates receive departmental letters of reference.
- Haven’t decided on a career direction? Switch easily between the biology major and our pre-professional programs, and vice versa, with our flexible curriculum.
- Gain practical experience in laboratory techniques in our newly renovated laboratories.
- Learn to think critically about complex scientific matters and ethical consequences as you prepare for the many challenges of modern society.
- Develop an appreciation of Catholic/Franciscan values as they relate to the practitioner of science.