You are here
The 54th Annual Commencement Ceremonies
Immaculate Conception Chapel
260 South Main Street
- Graduates - assemble in the lobby of Obal Hall, in caps, gowns and hoods, no later than 6:15 pm. to line up for the procession to the Mass. Guests should go directly to the Chapel. A reception for graduates and guests will follow the Mass in the Goya Dining Hall, Obal Hall.
- Faculty - robe (caps, tams etc. not required for men, optional for women) and meet in the Obal Hall lobby at 6:30 pm; we will process to the chapel promptly at 6:45 pm; mass begins at 7:00 pm.
Commencement Ceremonies - Saturday, May 19, 2018
10:30 am - School of Arts and Sciences and School of Education
3:30 pm - School of Business and School of Nursing
Both events will take place in the Breslin Performing Arts Center, first floor of Obal Hall on the Lodi Campus.
Begins at 10:30 am. Please be in your rooms by 9:45 am to prepare for the procession. Below are the room assignments for student and faculty robing.
Please note: The room will be locked during the ceremony, so you will be able to leave personal items.
School of Arts and Sciences
- Masters: Room 311
- Bachelor of Science: Rooms 308, 309, 310
- Bachelor of Arts: Rooms 304, 307
- Associate of Arts: Room 304
School of Education
- Undergraduate: Room 303
- Graduate: Room 303
Begins at 3:30 pm. Please be in your rooms by 2:45 pm to prepare for the procession. Below are the room assignments for student and faculty robing.
PLEASE NOTE: The room will be locked during the ceremony, so you will be able to leave personal items.
Location: Obal Hall
School of Business
- Graduate: Harmony Hall, lower level
- Undergraduate: Harmony Hall, lower level
School of Nursing
- BSN - Lecture Hall - second floor
- MSN and DNP - Room 206
Appropriate Dress for Commencement
The event will be a combination of standing and sitting, so make sure you are dressed comfortably for both. Those wearing pants should consider dark pants and shoes. Those planning to wear heels should consider a low heel. Guests should dress business casual.
Tickets will not be required for entry into the auditorium. However, seating is limited and the auditorium will accommodate only five immediate members of each graduate’s family. Family members will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the auditorium seating reaches maximum capacity, as set by the Fire Marshall of Lodi, all additional guests will be directed to the Goya Dining Hall to view the ceremony on a large screen television.
Electronic invitations for parking passes went out May 4th from Eventbrite.
Parking and Shuttle Service for faculty, staff and volunteers.
- From Rutherford campus to the Lodi campus starting at 8 am and ending at 6 pm.
- From Lodi campus, meet at the old K-Mart lot (near Aldi, address: 2 Memorial Dr Lodi, NJ 07644) starting at 9 am and continuing until 6 pm.
*There will be a break in the shuttle transportation from 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm. No shuttles will run for this hour.