Felician University President Dr. Anne M. Prisco Honored by NJBIZ as One of the Best 50 Women in Business for 2018
"I am so grateful to be in the position to help others better their lives and improve the world condition through higher education," Dr. Prisco said when recognized for her leadership as an academician Monday evening at the Palace at Somerset Park in Somerset, NJ.
Since taking the helm as the University's first lay president in 2012, Dr. Prisco introduced new academic programs and advanced degrees in nursing, education, business and arts and sciences and oversaw considerable campus enhancements - transforming the lives of Felician students and helping to better communities throughout New Jersey by providing the state's future nurses, educators and business leaders. An advocate for women’s rights in the United States and throughout the world, Dr. Prisco has, among many other initiatives, spoken at the United Nation’s General Assembly on the importance of women in STEM fields and spearheaded an on-campus program to address sexual assault.
Dr. Prisco holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Arizona (1979) with highest distinction, an M.B.A degree in Finance from Fordham University (1984), and a Ph.D. in Economics and Education from Columbia University (2000). With more than three decades of experience, Dr. Prisco brings a unique combination of administrative skills and academic experience in higher education. Collectively she has served as an administrator, faculty member, researcher, and consultant.
"Dr. Prisco has dedicated her life to providing students with a high quality, affordable education, enabling them to fulfill their personal and professional goals, contribute meaningfully to society, and embrace lifelong learning," said Dr. John Farkas, Vice President for University Advancement. "Her genuine compassion for others and commitment to making our university and world – a better place is inspiration to all who have the great privilege to know and work with her.”
- National Association for Independent Colleges and Universities: Board; Student Aid Committee
- Association of Franciscan Colleges and Universities: Board
- Excelencia in Education: Founding President for Hispanic Student Success
- Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference: Trustee
- Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey: Trustee; Education and Finance Committees
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of New Jersey: Trustee
- New Jersey President’s Council: Trustee; Transfer Committee
- Bergen County Workforce Development Board
- Meadowlands Regional Chamber of Commerce: Trustee; and Education and Workforce Development Committee
- City of Newark Learning Collaborative: Trustee