You are here
FAQs - Office365 Email
How do I access my email account?
What is my O365 Email Login User ID and Password?
You log into O365 with your Felician email address and password.
What is my O365 email address?
Your O365 email address is:
Faculty and Staff: email@example.com
If you don't know your password:
What browsers are fully supported and tested to access e-mail on O365?
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Latest Firefox release version
- Safari 5 or above
- Latest Chrome stable version
Will I have a mail quota or other email limitations?
The specifications below outline the mailbox storage capacity limits as well as message and recipient size quotas associated with O365.
Mail size quotas/limitations:
- 50 GB email mailbox storage by default
- 50 MB email message size
- Max 500 recipients per message
- Max 1500 messages per user per day
Does O365 provide anti-spam protection?
Yes. O365 has its own anti-span mail filters and virus protection. Messages sent to you will be scanned and filtered automatically. Please remember to check your Junk E-Mail folder to avoid missing a real message mistakenly marked as spam.
Is information contained within my email and attachments secure?
O365 upholds up-to-date defenses against viruses and spam with Forefront Online Protection for Exchange, which is updated to address new virus and spam threats the moment they appear. Microsoft safeguards data by hosting it in geographically-distributed data centers, with continuous data backup and premier disaster recovery capabilities.
How do I open messages and attachments?
- Open attachments only from a trusted source.
- If opening an attachment from a public or shared computer, click the Open as Web Page link. This will protect you from possible virus attacks and prevents a copy of the attachment from being created on the computer.
- If you open an attachment directly, save it to a folder or a Desktop and then open it from that location.
How will I use O365 for email and calendar?
Web browser Outlook Web App (OWA) lets you use a Web browser to access your mailbox from any computer that has an Internet connection. You can use it to read and send email messages, organize contacts, create tasks, and manage your calendar. You can use Outlook Web App with almost any Web browser. This includes Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Chrome, and most other Web browsers on computers running UNIX, Apple Macintosh, or Windows.
- Desktop - you can access Office 365 using your desktop Microsoft Outlook application in addition to Microsoft Outlook Web App.
- Mobile phones and tablets - Office 365 also works with a variety of mobile phones and tablets. You can set up your mobile phone or device to access your email, calendar information, contacts, and tasks. To configure your mobile phone or device, please visit and also view the setup videos on the MyFelician webpage.
What are the benefits of email and calendaring?
The Office 365 email and calendaring solution provides business-class email, calendar and contacts to a user's computer, phone and web browser. Delivered as a hosted service from Microsoft, it offers a high standard of physical and digital security for your information while providing the control you want and the reliability your business needs. Office 365 runs your email on Microsoft's globally-redundant servers protected by built-in antivirus and anti-spam filters.