Sister Honorata Grzeszczuk, CSSF, PhD
Sister Honorata Grzeszczuk has been a member of the Felician Congregation since 1988. Born in Poland, she entered the Felician Sisters in Warsaw and served as teacher, community leader, director of formation, mentor, and the Warsaw Province Justice and Peace Coordinator. Sister’s professional experience in Poland comprises teaching in private and public educational institutions, including mentoring new teachers and coordinating international projects. Lecturing Mathematics and Physics at Felician University is in line with her educational philosophy, that the science education cannot be separated from the Liberal Arts. In her free time, Sister Honorata likes traveling, stargazing, and building family trees based on archived records.
“Global Citizenship in the Franciscan Tradition,” AFCU Biannual Conference, Marian University, Indianapolis, IN, 2016.
“Franciscan Higher Education Institutions sponsored by Women Religious in the United States,” Franciscan Institute Conference, St. Bonaventure University, Olean, NY, 2016.
“The Role of Blessed Honorat in Institutionalization of the Felician Ministries,” Felician Leadership Institute sponsored by FSI, Rutherford, NJ, 2017.
Field(s) of Interest/Expertise
- Links between natural sciences and the Franciscan Tradition in educational settings
- Pervasive teaching/learning strategies in adult education
Courses Taught at Felician University
- PHYS - 103: General Physics I
- PHYS - 104: General Physics II
- MATH - 160: College Algebra
- MATH - 161: Pre-Calculus
- Felician Mission Experience in Haiti (non-credit)
- Course developed for Felician University
- HUM - 250: Global Citizenship in the Franciscan Tradition