Sharon Towler, PhD
I was born in SC but raised in Jersey City New Jersey. I have been married for twenty -two years and two wonderful children, a son and daughter.
I obtained my BA in English Literature with a concentration in Education in 1991 from Fairleigh Dickinson, Rutherford campus. I completed my MA in Urban Education Administration from William Paterson University in 1993. Finally, I earned my Doctorate in Leadership in Educational Administration from Capella University in 2014. My instructional experiences include teaching 6-12th grade English Literature and Creative writing for 10 years in the Newark and Elizabeth School districts.
My leadership administration experiences include becoming Head Teacher for Evangel Day School, Dean of Students for Lady Liberty Charter School in Newark New Jersey, Grant Writer and Program Director for 21st Century Community Learning Centers, CCLC for the Rahway School District for 8 years and four years at Kean University.
Field(s) of Interest/Expertise
Educational Leadership, Urban Studies, Educational Administration, and Grant Writing.
Courses Taught at Felician University
- EDU 101 Current Trends and Issues II
- EDU 540 Current Trends and Issues in Curriculum Development I
- EDU 660 Supervision in Organizational Development I
- EDU 670 Supervision in Organizational Development II
- EDU 690 Current trends and Issues in Curriculum Development II
- EDU 525 Ethical Leadership: Creating School Vision and Culture
- EDU 715 Administration Internship I
- EDU 720 Administration Internship II