Jr. Facilities Assistant
The position of Jr. Facilities Assistant is an on-call position with flexible hours ranging from 0 to a maximum of 20 hours per week, based on the needs of the Department of Facilities Management. The Jr. Facilities Student Worker supports the Facilities Management team in preparing for, setting and dismantling key University events, as well as miscellaneous tasks associated of both Lodi and Rutherford campus buildings and grounds.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following listing of primary job responsibilities indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Locate, transport and arrange chairs, tables and other related items for event set-ups in accordance with designated timetables.
- Disassemble event set-ups, removing/rearranging chairs, tables and other small items; transport and store all items in proper locations. Ensure restoration of room arrangement to layout.
- Assist Facilities team with basic minor repair/maintenance jobs, including but not limited to painting, grounds maintenance, building and room preparation for housekeeping and special projects, and movement of tools and equipment.
- Pick-up and deliver mail deliveries intercampus and to Lodi and Rutherford Post offices.
- Running on-campus errands.
- Dependable, responsible and timeliness. Pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Ability to follow direction, floor plans for event set-up, and instruction of work requests.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in adjusting to various schedules and job assignments.
- Valid NJ Driver’s License.
- Availability to work in a minimum of 2-hour increments which do not interfere with scheduled courses.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Email resume to Facilities Administrative Assistant or by USPS:
Facilities Administrative Assistant
262 South Main Street
Lodi, NJ 07644