You are here
Medical Services on Campus
Treatment is provided by an ANCC board certified advance practice nurse (APN) with a specialization in adult health. Advance practice nurses perform physical examinations, prescribe medication, and treat both acute and chronic illnesses.
- Physical examinations
- Evaluation and treatment of illness and injuries
- Tuberculin skin testing with monitoring and treatment of TB infections
- Limited on-site laboratory testing at our NJ State licensed clinical laboratory
- Labwork drawn and sent to outside clinical laboratories
- 11 Panel LabCorp Chain of Custody Drug Screen
- X-ray referral to a local facility
- Health education programs
- Nutritional counseling
- Alcohol/drug information
- Referral to specialists as needed
- Written prescriptions can be given by the advance practice nurse
If a problem exists that lies outside the nurse practitioner's expertise, a collaborating physician is available for consult or referral.