You are here
Scholarships and Grants
100% of our freshmen!
That's how many of our freshmen class receive institutional scholarships and grants from Felician! As an accepted student at Felician, you are automatically considered for scholarships (with a completed FAFSA). Our job is to keep Felician affordable and remove barriers to your becoming a Golden Falcon!
Scholarships Awarded by Felician University
|Presidential Scholarship||3.85 + GPA||$18,000|
|Felician Scholarship||3.4 - 3.849 GPA||$13,500|
|Founder Scholarship||2.7 - 3.39 GPA||$12,000|
|Francian Scholarship||2.0 - 2.69 GPA||$9,500|
|Honors Scholarship and Honors Program participation||3.4 GPA with 1130 SAT or 23 ACT to be considered - competative and limited spaces||$3,000|
|St Francis Scholarship||Catholic High School Attendance||$1,000|
Merit based scholarship awarded by the Undergraduate Admissions Office when a student is accepted to the University as a traditional, full-time undergraduate transfer. Awards are renewable contingent upon maintaining the terms and conditions indicated in the scholarship offer. Financial need is not a criterion but students are required to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before funds are disbursed.
Phi Theta Kappa
Incoming traditional, full-time undergraduate students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa are eligible for a $3,500 award. This is in addition to any transfer scholarships for which the student may be eligible. Proof of membership is required to receive the award. Awards are renewable for up to four years provided a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA is maintained.
A discount on tuition and may be awarded to incoming traditional, full-time undergraduate students. This gift aid is awarded based on financial need, academic standing and leadership ability. Awards are renewable and require the annual filing of the FAFSA.
Felician University Grant
Award offered by the Undergraduate Admissions Office when a student is accepted to the University as a first-time, full-time, traditional undergraduate. Award amounts vary based on the academic standing, program of study and leadership ability. Awards are renewable contingent upon maintaining the terms and conditions indicated in the scholarship offer. This scholarship is not awarded to recipients of scholarships described above. Financial need is not a criterion but students are required to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before funds are disbursed.
Study Abroad Scholarship
Felician University has scholarship money to help you pay the cost of participating in Faculty-Led study abroad programs and Exchanges. These scholarships range from $220 to $1,000. To apply for a scholarship, you must complete the Study Abroad application, which includes a section for scholarship request. For more information please contact the Director of Study Abroad and Exchange at 201.559.3042 or by e-mail.
A limited number of non-renewable scholarships are awarded to students who have earned 24 or more credits at Felician University. Students must be attending at least half time (6 credits) and have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher. Filing of the FAFSA is required. Applications are available in the Office of Student Financial Services during the spring semester of each academic year. The deadline for scholarship applications is usually June 1.
Athletic Scholarships in both men’s and women’s sports are awarded by the Executive Director of Student Financial Services based upon the recommendation of the Athletic Director. Students who have proven their athletic skill for participation in one or more sports should contact the athletic division for more information. Students are required to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before Athletic Scholarship funds are disbursed. Athletic Scholarships may be combined with other financial assistance, but the total grant/scholarship aid from all sources may not exceed the cost of tuition, comprehensive fees and room and board (based on double occupancy), if applicable.
Felician University Alumni Grant
For alumni who graduated from a Felician degree program, do not have an outstanding balance on their account, and have been accepted into a Felician University degree program of a higher level, the Felician University Alumni Grant is awarded at the rate of $100.00 per credit for non-discounted courses offered. To maintain ongoing eligibility for the award, a student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in their current program. The grant cannot be applied to tuition for courses offered by off-site partnership institutions or study abroad. It also cannot be combined with cohort, ministerial or Catholic school teacher discounts for Felician University programs.
Educational Leadership Grant
This grant is available to students entering the Teacher Education Certification (TEC) post-baccalaureate program. It is for $1000 per year and renewable for three (3) years. This grant cannot be combined with other grants or tuition discounts. To maintain ongoing eligibility for this grant, you must maintain at least half-time enrollment during the academic year while receiving the grant, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year and maintain the minimum academic requirements for your academic program each year.
Felician University Military Grant
Veterans who served in the United States Military during any conflict era can receive this grant toward the completion of any Bachelor Completion or Associate Degree program. This grant is not applicable to any other Felician University degree programs.
International traditional, first-time, full-time undergraduate students admitted to Felician are eligible to receive academic scholarships. Scholarships are based on a holistic review of the application and those students who sit for the SATs can qualify for the higher scholarship award amounts. International transfer students are also eligible to receive transfer scholarships and Phi Theta Kappa scholarships.
Restricted Scholarships Awarded by Felician University
The following restricted scholarships are administered by the Office of Student Financial Services and are subject to the conditions specified by the donors. Matriculated students enrolled at Felician University may obtain a Felician University Scholarship Application from the Office of Student Financial Services. Typically the application is available during the spring term with recommended deadline of May 1. By filing the Scholarship Application, the applicant will be considered for each of the scholarships listed below for which they qualify.
- Abbate Scholarship
- Alumni Association Student Scholarship
- Bartley Healthcare Nursing Scholarship
- Bartley Healthcare/Scalo Family Nursing Scholarship
- Lisa Ann Briggs Memorial Scholarship
- Lisa Bramucci Scholarship Fund
- Coccia Foundation Scholarships
- Dr. Charles Rooney Scholarship
- Edward C. Furst, Sr. Scholarship Fund
- Edward Golda Scholarship Fund
- St. Francis (Franciscan) Scholarship
- Italian Community Center Scholarship
- Frances Howells Keeney Memorial Scholarship
- Sr. Rosalie Marie Knizewski Scholarship
- The Michael J. Kosloski Foundation
- Sister Hildtrude Koba Scholarship
- Sr. Theresa Mary Martin Scholarship
- Dina M. Luna Memorial Scholarship
- The National Medical & Dental Association Scholarship
- Robert Sydney Needham Memorial Scholarship Program
- Jim and Diane Perella Foundation in Memory of Barbara J. Toscano Scholarship
- Lawrence J. Pizzo, M.D. Scholarship Fund
- Plonski Family Scholarship Fund
- President’s Distinguished Endowed Scholarship
- The Provident Foundation Business Scholarship Fund
- Ridgewood Registered Professional Nurses Scholarship
- Sanzari Scholarship
- Senior Class Scholarship
- The Kathleen Suski-Eastwood Memorial Scholarship
- Switzer Foundation Scholarship for Professional Nursing Students
- Switzer Foundation Scholarships for Business Program Students
- Catherine A. Toughmanian Memorial Scholarship
- Unanue Scholarship Fund
- Van Houten Memorial Scholarship
- George P. Velotto Scholarship
- The United Food and Commercial Workers Local 1262 Scholarship
The scholarship programs listed below are administered through partnerships between the Independent College Fund of New Jersey (ICFNJ) and the donors who sponsor them and are available to students studying at Felician University. (For additional scholarship opportunities offered by the ICFNJ please go the ICFNJ web site.
- Capital One Bank “Reach For Stars” Scholarship
- C.R. Bard Nursing Scholarships
- BD Scholarship
- Deloitte Scholarship
- Johnson & Johnson Discover Nursing Scholarships
- Novo Nordisk Scholarship
- Schering-Plough Science Scholarship
- UPS Scholarship
Scholarship search services
- SALT Money Scholarship Search
- College Answer (Sallie Mae)
- College Board
- Scholarships for College
- American Association of University Women
- Coca-Cola Scholarships
- Peterson’s Scholarship Central
- Gates Millennium Scholarships
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Scholarship Hunter
- US Bank Scholarship Program
- NJFC Scholars
- Ocean or Monmouth County NJ students Studying Communications
- United Negro College Fund
- American Association of University of Women
- Money Geek - Scholarships for Women Guide
- Money Geek - Scholarships for Asian Students
- Money Geek - Scholarships for Black Students
- Money Geek - Scholarships for Native American Students
- ezDinero Latino Scholarship Fund - Scholarship for Latino Students
- Benjamin A. Gillman Scholarship
- Diversity Abroad Scholarships
- Iie Passport Study Abroad
- WyzAnt College Scholarship - Scholarships for any student attending a college or university
- DCAcar College Scholarship - Scholarships for any student attending a college or university
- 76th & Newbury $500 Art & Design Scholarship - Grapic Arts & Design or Applied Arts majors
- Azazie Scholarship - Scholarship for any senior in high school or freshman or sophomore attending a college or university
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- Latino College Dollars - Scholarships for Latino Students
- Point Foundation - Scholarships for LGBT Students
- Scholarship Scams - A guide to common scholarship scams, consumer information, and protection
- The American Chemistry Society
- The HACU Scholarship Program
Scholarships for International Students studying in the USA
- Avvo Scholarship Program
- CDTrader Scholarship
- College Week Live
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- Organization of American States - The Leo S. Rowe Pan American Fund
- The Ultimate Scholarship Guide
Watch for scams!
- Felician University does not endorse any scholarship service that charges a fee.
- Be wary of companies that guarantee results. No company can guarantee that you will get a scholarship.