You are here
Institute for Gerontology
Felician University, in support of its Catholic-Franciscan mission, created an Institute for Gerontology in 2013 to address the human, societal and health conditions of a growing elderly population in the United States.
Working in conjunction with community partners, the Institute provides educational programs, conducts research, and promotes public policy and legislative initiatives that enhance healthy aging. By involving far-reaching constituents, the Institute prepares and assists community leaders in making a difference in the lives of an aging population.
In addition, the Institute seeks to sponsor state-wide summits on aging. By engaging businesses, non-profit agencies, health care organizations, and educational partners, the Institute expects to reach a broad constituency of citizenry.
To hear Dr. Shore, Dean Emeritus of the Felician University School of Nursing, explain the importance of planning for your older years, please view the following video.
Felician University has sponsored with Dr. Steve Adubato the Aging in America Series. Please click on the designated link below to view each video.
- Dr. Theresa Redling, St. Barnabas Medical Center (http://steveadubato.org/dr-theresa-redling-on-alzheimer-s-and-geratric-illnesses.html)
- Emily Allen, AARP (http://steveadubato.org/aarp-on-a-mission-to-help-older-americans.html)
- Dr. Terry Fulmer, John A. Hartford Foundation, Inc. (http://steveadubato.org/john-a-hartford-foundation-improving-care-of-older-adults.html)
- Phil Scalo, Barley Health Care (http://steveadubato.org/bartley-healthcare-ceo-talks-healthcare-challenges-for-seniors.html)
- Phil Scalo, Dr. Anne Prisco, Dr. Kenneth Faistl, Pamela Snyder (http://steveadubato.org/the-impact-of-an-increased-older-population.html)