You are here
Guidelines and Honors Courses Registration - 2018
Please follow these guidelines, when students in the Honors Program meet with their advisors. Note: All Honors courses are listed according to GECC affiliation.
Please keep in mind:
- NURS 460 can be taken for Honors credit. Please contact Dr. Zweighaft if you are interested in this option.
- Freshmen Honors students should register for ENG 102HON (with the corresponding LS 100 HON EL)
- School of Arts & Science freshmen need to register for FYE 101HON
- Online Honors courses:
- HIST 110 EL-HON (GECC VIII)
- RELS 405 HON-EL (GECC I)
- The Honors Program will allow students to take non-Honors courses for Honors credit only when necessary and a maximum of two (2) times in their career. The necessary paperwork can be obtained through Dr. Blanchard.
To graduate as an Honors Scholar, students need a minimum of twenty-seven (27) credits of Honors courses plus the service requirement of fifteen hours of service for any six semesters for a total of ninety hours (90) for Honors Scholar graduation from the Honors Program.
**All Seniors, who will graduate in December of 2017, or May or August of 2018 and want to graduate as Honors Scholars, must have an audit of their Honors credits by December, 2017. Please contact Dr. Blanchard for a meeting.
Students in the Honors Program will register with their advisors. If anyone has any questions, comments, please contact Dr. Blanchard - email: email@example.com telephone: 201-559-6170 or stop by Kirby Hall, Room 314.
HONORS COURSES: SPRING 2018 REGISTRATION (GECC are listed first)
- RELS 102 HON: Introduction to the First Testament (GECC I: Faith & Reason) M/W: 11:25 AM - 12:40 PM, Zukowski
- RELS 405 HON-EL: God, Suffering, and Evil (GECC I: Faith & Reason), Zukowski
- MUS 103 HON: Basic Piano (GECC III: Communication & Expression) T/TH: 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM, Gordon
- MUS 112 HON: Felician Choir I (GECC III: Communication & Expression) W: 4:20 PM – 6:40 PM, Gordon
- PHIL 100 HON: Art and Practice of Critical Thinking (GECC IV: Critical & Analytical Thinking) W/F: 9:50 AM – 11:05 AM, Unknown
- ENG 102 HON: College Writing & Research II (GECC V: Information Literacy) W/F: 9:50 AM – 11:05 AM, Abbey
- ENG 102 HON2: College Writing & Research II (GECC V: Information Literacy) M: 4:10 AM – 6:40 PM, Abbey
- LS 100 HON EL: Architecture of Information (GECC V: Information Literacy)
- MATH 161: Pre-Calculus (GECC VII: Quantitative & Scientific Reasoning – 4 credits) M/W/TH 8:15 AM – 9:30 AM, Ferreira
- MATH 122: Statistics (GECC VII: Quantitative & Scientific Reasoning – 3 credits) M/W 8:15 AM – 9:30 AM, Unknown
- HIST 110 EL HON: World Geography and Culture (GECC VIII: Global Consciousness), Vecchio
- MUS 105 HON: World Music (GECC VIII: Global Consciousness) M/W: 2:35 PM - 3:50 PM, Gordon
Non-GECC Honors Courses
- BIO 104: General Biology II T/TH: 9:50 – 11:05AM, Snyder
- BIO 104L HON A1 General Biology II Lab W 8:15 AM – 11:10 AM, Snyder
- BIO 206 HON: Anatomy & Physiology II M/TH: 9:50 AM – 11:05 AM, Unknown
- BIO 206L HON: Anatomy & Physiology II Lab F: 2:35 AM – 5:10 PM, Unknown
- FYE 101 HON: Freshman Year Experience T: 11:25 AM -12:40 PM, Blanchard
- NURS 460 HON: Clinical Residency Seminar – Can be taken for Honors credit. Please speak with Dr. Zweighaft if you are interested.
- PSYC 105 HON: Life Span Development T: 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Unknown