You are here
Bachelor of Arts in Education – Felician @ Sussex
Through a partnership with Sussex County Community College (SCCC), Felician University offers a bachelor’s degree program in elementary education onsite at SCCC. Earn a Bachelor of Arts in Education with a co-major in English, allowing you to become certified to teach at the kindergarten through 6th grade level.
- Complete two accelerated courses every eight weeks – courses offered on site in the evening at SCCC or online. You can work full time while you earn your degree.
- Tuition rate is 30% lower than traditional Felician undergraduate rate. You may qualify for financial aid if you maintain full-time student status.
Points of Interest
- Complete a total of four field placements to learn more about classroom management, instruction strategies, and assessment methods.
- You must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA to formally apply to the School of Education at the start of your junior year. Prior to enrolling in EDU 304–Junior Practicum, you must pass the appropriate Praxis Core Exam.
- After the field classes are completed, full-time clinical practice takes place five days a week for 15 weeks.
Application Requirements for SCCC Students
- Completed application.
- All official college transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation (from faculty or employers)
- Personal statement
On-site Office Hours & Location
Every Thursday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Building B – Student Advisement Center
Sussex County Community College
One College Hill Road
Newton, New Jersey 07860