You are here
Master of Arts in Education - ESL Concentration
- 21-credit program leads to the New Jersey Endorsement in ESL.
- Evening and online classes
- Completion of 15 credits that allow candidates to explore additional professional opportunities (ABA, Supervision, and Teacher of Students with Disabilities).
- Learn to engage learners in knowing, understanding, and using major concepts, principles, theories, and research related to the nature and role of culture and cultural groups to construct supportive learning environments for ELLs.
- Incorporate respect for the dignity of each student in the classroom, regardless of background, and celebrate achievements together, as taught through our Felician, Franciscan values of Respect for Human Dignity and Diversity.
- Prepare for meaningful engagement with students in their classroom and school based on the standards set forth by Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) in alignment with the New Jersey Professional Standards for Teachers (NJPTS).
- Completed application to the School of Education Graduate Programs and $40 application fee
- Standard New Jersey Instructional Certificate (case by case evaluations will be conducted)
- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate program with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (flexible)
- Official transcripts of past collegiate work including post-baccalaureate work
- Copy of current teaching certificates
- Interview with Associate Dean and the Advanced Program Committee
- Present evidence of passing oral and written English language proficiency tests (OPI & WPT)