You are here
5 Year PRE-BSN Program
The 5 Year PRE-BSN Program is a five-year program that gives select students an opportunity to work on their academics and study skills in order to raise their level of proficiency and intellectual readiness for the nursing program. Based on individual student growth and expected performance in the program, students may opt to continue in their pursuit of a nursing career while others may decide nursing is not for them and select other career options.
The curriculum is designed to provide additional support and coursework for recent high school graduates with no prior university experience needing to strengthen their academic abilities to meet the eligibility requirements for admission to the Felician University nursing program. The prescribed coursework includes educational remediation and developmental work.
Recent high school graduates with no prior university experience interested in applying for the 5 Year PRE-BSN Program must meet all Felician University admission requirements in addition to the following:
- Completed application for admission selecting the 5 Year PRE-BSN Program
- Typed, personal statement (250 words) why you believe you can be successful in the nursing program.
- 3.0 or higher high school GPA.
- Minimum grade of C in high school laboratory biology, chemistry, and two years of university preparatory mathematics, including one year of algebra.
- Minimum of 930 or higher on the new SAT.
- Minimum ACT composite score of 17 or higher.