You are here
Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Are you thinking of a career change to a new business field? Are you stymied due to a lack of credentials in your current academic career? It’s not too late! Felician University offers an innovative Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program designed to prepare you for upward mobility in your career or for transition into an academic position.
- Distance learning: The program is fully online with a brief residency requirement.
- Self-paced: Complete assignments and tests when you are ready – you are not restricted by course or semester scheduling. Need extra time with statistics? No problem – take it. Already a wizard at research? Feel free to move as quickly as your ability allows.
- Personalized motivation: Partner with a faculty member throughout the program, who will serve as your personal learning coach!
- Relevant: Tailor your studies within the four phases of the DBA program to achieve your overall goals – you may find yourself positioned for career options you had not thought possible!
- Immediate: See results from the program long before you receive your degree.
- Innovative: Four-phase program design
A Curriculum with Purpose
- Develop research and writing skills to communicate effectively. Gain the experience needed to publish in academic or industry journals.
- Focus on research designed to contribute to professional knowledge and practice. Study seminal and current theories in the fields of management, marketing, and decision theory.
- Apply quantitative techniques to business evaluation and research, and effectively present realistic plans for action.
- Demonstrate your mastery in one of two goal areas: (1) Prepare and facilitate a university-level, online course, or (2) select, study and pass a recognized certification or licensure exam.
- Graduate with the resources and perspective to respond as thoughtful, ethical leaders in business, grounded in Franciscan tradition and philosophy.
Foundation online courses
On-site residency required with statistics course
Core knowledge projects
Concentration Mastery Demonstration
On-site residency required with two dissertation courses
- MBA degree
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
Our doctorally prepared faculty come from a range of backgrounds and bring years of experience in finance, marketing, higher education, and management. Our faculty members have published in a variety of academic journals, served as consultants and sit on several boards. You will benefit from the knowledge that our faculty brings to Felician University.