You are here
Master of Science in Computer Science
Credits: 30-credit program (full or part time)
Program Length: 18 months
Start Dates: Rolling Admissions
Instructional Method: Hybrid (face-to-face classes with online component), as well as some offerings online.
Acquire the fundamental knowledge and best practice methodologies to position yourself for success in high-level IT administration and software engineering. MSCS graduates are well prepared for positions around the industry, including positions in government agencies, technology companies and research institutions.
You will learn from expert faculty who are involved in developing applications and research in the field. The MSCS program fills a persistent need for system analysts, web and mobile application developers and big data specialists.
MSCS Program Options and Features
- Complete the program in as little as 18 months.
- Experience small classes and close interaction with faculty in both hybrid (combination of online and classroom learning) and online delivery methods.
- 30-credit program delivered in 16-week semesters.
- Classes are held in the evening during the week: 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Many advanced electives – choose from a wide variety of specializations in today’s computer science field.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and apply the knowledge of design and analysis of computer algorithms and data structures.
- Apply advanced concepts related to discipline coursework to solve theoretical or applied problems.
- Learn to discuss issues, trends and solutions with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Gain practical experiences and skills needed to work successfully as a team.