You are here
Admission Requirements - Doctorate in Counseling Psychology
Requirements for application review
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (Felician transcripts not required).
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement.
- Research/clinical interest statement.
- Statement on diversity.
- Interview with faculty, students and group (after application is completed).
Application time frame
- Priority deadline for applications - December 1.
- Faculty decision in April.
- Classes start early September.
- Felician does not guarantee review or consideration for admission if your application is received after December 1.
- International students qualify for a $1,000 annual international scholarship (your application to Felician will also serve as your application for scholarship).
- A minimum TOEFL score of 79 or IELTS score of 6.5 is required for admission. Applicants who fall under one of the following categories are not required to submit this score reports:
- From a country where English is the primary/native language.
- Have earned a full four-year bachelor degree from another accredited institution in a country where English is the native language. Consideration is made for some graduate degrees.
- Completed an English Language program at another accredited institution.
- Class size limited to 12-15 each cohort class.
- Traditional 15-week semester format - fall start only.
- 88 credit program at $965 per credit.
- Felician alumni qualify for the Alumni Grant - $100 deduction per credit ($865 per credit)
- Applicants with a graduate degree in the field of counseling psychology, or a related field, have the unique opportunity to accelerate path to program completion by transferring up to 15 credits toward the doctoral degree. Transfer credit is based on comparability of courses and evaluation by faculty.
- Classes located at the Lodi Campus.