You are here
Online Institute for Religious Studies and Education Ministry
The Online Institute provides Catholic dioceses, parishes, schools, and individuals with opportunities to pursue life-long learning in the Catholic Tradition. We help prepare adult learners to be competent and caring practitioners who hold or seek to hold leadership positions within a variety of roles within education ministry of the Catholic Church. For more program information, please click on the following links:
- Undergraduate Degree Completion – Bachelor of Arts in Social & Behaviorial Sciences with a focus in Religious Studies
- Master of Arts in Religious Education (MARE)
- Post Master’s Certificate in Religious Education
- Graduate Certificate in Religious Education
- Online Religious Studies - Four Week Program
- 50% Tuition Discount. In keeping with the Franciscan spirit, we offer our degree programs at a 50% tuition discount to eligible persons who share their knowledge, gifts and talents in Catholic education ministry. This includes individuals such as parish catechetical leaders, diocesan catechetical personnel, pastoral associates, clergy, vowed religious, religious education teachers (K-12), youth ministers, volunteer catechists, RCIA coordinators, youth and adult ministers and other qualified persons. The discount does not apply to continuing education courses.
- Fully Online Coursework. With our online courses you can fit your studies around your busy work schedule and lifestyle. You will participate in a comprehensive orientation to familiarize yourself with the online learning tools before you start the program. Technical support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Highly-Qualified Faculty. Our degree programs are taught entirely online by Felician University faculty who hold degrees in relevant fields, possess the Mandatum, and are certified in online teaching/learning. All instructors act as mentors while creating an atmosphere of collaboration and interaction.
In the spirit of the New Evangelization and in accordance with the guidelines set by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, these dynamic programs:
- Prepare leaders to share the Gospel message for the New Evangelization in a technological world.
- Provide a comprehensive exploration of core elements of Catholic faith and practice in the contemporary world.
- Advocate for the Church’s teaching on Peace and Social Justice.
- Impart an understanding and appreciation of other religious traditions.
- Create a vibrant online learning environment for the Catholic adult.
Accredited by The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools