You are here
ESL Summer and Winter Programs
Enjoy the experience of a lifetime!
In only four weeks you can improve your English language proficiency and gain a global perspective by living and studying in the United States – only 20 minutes by train from New York City!
Felician University ESL Summer and Winter Programs provide the perfect combination of intensive language study with off-campus trips and activities to ensure that you have a complete cultural experience. Students must be 17 years or older to participate and a minimum of 10 students is required to launch the program. Graduates of the program receive a Certificate of Completion from Felician University.
What’s included in the program?
- Intensive English language study (approximatley 18 hours/week) – reading, writing, grammar, and speaking/listening
- On-campus housing – safe, suburban location
- Access to all university facilities and much more!
- 5 round-trip bus tickets to New York City (NJ Transit)
- Four group dinners
- Optional activities, such as a trip to the beach, available at an additional cost
- Weekend Summer Activities (subject to availability and weather permitting):
- Broadway Show
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Full day Woodbury Common Outlet Shopping Trip
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Picnic and tour of Central Park, NYC
- Six Flags Great Adventure Amusement Park
- Weekend Winter Activities (subject to availability and weather permitting):
- A Broadway Show
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Brooklyn Nets NBA Basketball Game
- Ice skating in Winter Village at Bryant Park, NYC
- Full day Woodbury Common Outlet Mall Shopping Trip
- Snow Tubing at Mountain Creek
- Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum
- Evening of food and games at Dave and Busters (optional)
Living on campus
Felician provides convenient and safe student housing on our suburban Rutherford campus. You are placed with another ESL participant in a double room with a shared bathroom. Our residence halls accommodate male and female occupants. Both residence halls have 24-hour security and Residence Life staff members are available for support and guidance.
How to apply
Apply online to one of our Summer or Winter ESL programs and set up your account. Select your application type as English as a Second Language and begin completing the completing the application. On page three:
- Click on “Select a Program”
- If you are applying for the Summer Program, click on English as a Second Language Short Term Program - Summer University Program
- If you are applying for the Winter Program, click on English as a Second Language Short Term Program - Winter University Program.
Complete the remainder of your application and be sure to follow the instructions for submission of documentation found in the confirmation of your e-mail submission. You may also print the ESL application and submit by mail.