You are here
Health Information Management Requirements
Suggested Course Sequence for Health Information Management Majors
- This joint program consists of 124 credits – 63 credits at Felician University and 61 credits at Rutgers–SHRP.
- HIM students must file an application to Rutgers-SHRP by May 1 of the year prior to their anticipated fall enrollment.
- You must secure a GPA of 2.75 or above for coursework completed before the professional phase of the program, and complete all courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- Once admitted to the professional phase of the program, you will be required to submit forms relating to health and immunization, technical standards-essential functions, and a criminal background check.
- You are required to attend the necessary Rutgers–SHRP orientations.
ENG 101: Strategies in Research & Rhetoric I
PHIL 100: The Art & Practice of Critical Thinking
MATH 160: University Algebra
BIO 102: Human Biology
Freshman Year Experience I
ENG 102: Strategies in Research & Rhetoric II
RELS 100/200: Faith and Reason
ICS 103: Introduction to Advanced Computer Applications
COMM 103: Public Speaking
Liberal Arts Elective
Freshman Year Experience II
PHIL 250: Making Moral Decisions
ACC 100: Principles of Financial Accounting
MGT 100: Fundamentals of Management
Communication & Expression
Liberal Arts Elective II
Global Consciousness I
LS 100: The Architecture of Information
Faith & Reason 300/400
MATH 122: Statistics
CS 317: Computer Informatics Healthcare
Global Consciousness II
Liberal Arts Elective III
Co-requisite courses: MATH 122, ACC 100, CS 317
Junior and Senior Semesters to be completed at Rutgers–SHRP
Rutgers–SHRP may require changes to the pre-professional course requirements due to changes in accreditation requirements.
Please note: Course offerings are subject to change.