You are here
College Central Network
Thank you for your interest in hiring Felician University students. We are a unique population in the sense that Franciscan beliefs influence the character of our students. Joy, peace, respect, service, diversity, reverence and compassion are the elemental values that guide our students as they embark on their path to “the real world”.
Below are ways that you can engage our student community. We always welcome employer presence on campus and remain open to new idea and suggestions.
CCN College Central Network is the place to go to for all your hiring needs. Our students are always seeking new internship and job opportunities. This site, powered by College Central Network, now makes it easy for you to publicize your available opportunities. Please click here to access the instructions to set up your organization’s account.
Conducting interviews on campus can streamline the whole hiring process for both your organization and our students. It is a cost effective and time-saving method to meet new, potential talent for your company. It takes only a few short steps to set up a date to meet with several students during the course of one day at Felician University. You simply reserve a date then email the job description to our office and also upload it onto College Central Network. Once the students begin to apply, a customized schedule will be created for you.
Paid vs. Unpaid Internships: The U.S. Department of Labor’s Fair Labor Standards Act
The Career Development Center at Felician University highly recommends that employers pay interns for the hours they work. However, if your organization chooses to provide unpaid internships, it is recommended that the Fair Labor Standards Act be reviewed.
- Unpaid internships must be bona fide educational experiences that enhance classroom learning.
- The Career Development Center strongly suggests that if hourly payment is impossible, your organization pay for travel expenses or cover any other costs the intern may incur while involved in this experience.
The following six criteria must be applied when determining the validity of the educational aspect of an unpaid internship:
- The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment;
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded;
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship; and
- The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship
Director, Career Development Center
Email | Telephone: (201) 559-3620
Internship Coordinator, Career Development Center
Email | Telephone: (201) 559-3194
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please email or call us at (201) 559-3619.