You are here
Master of Arts in Education with K-6 Elementary
Certification for Non-teachers
Are you ready to become a teacher?
Enter the teaching profession by becoming certified to teach while also gaining the advantages of a master’s degree. Extend your sphere of influence beyond the classroom and into school-wide leadership activities.
- The 36-credit Masters of Arts in Education plus K-6 elementary certification program includes courses, field experiences including observations in the schools, and student teaching.
- Attend classes at the Rutherford campus – easy access from major highways in northern New Jersey.
- The Felician University School of Education fosters competent, caring, and compassionate educators to serve a diverse population in accordance with our Franciscan traditions and philosophies.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Develop a scholarly understanding of curriculum development with an awareness of current, national, state and local trends.
- Become a self-reflective, lifelong learner who is able to design, implement and evaluate elementary school curricula, instruction, programs and services.
- Gain the global and cultural awareness needed to provide quality education to a diverse classroom.
- Demonstrate leadership and instructional skills that will encourage constructive change and collaboration in your school.
- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate program with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (flexible)
- Official transcripts of past collegiate work including post-baccalaureate work
- Personal statement
- Personal interview
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- $40 application fee
- Qualifying score on appropriate PRAXIS CORE Examination for students seeking certification.