You are here
Teacher Education Certification (TEC)
Reach your goal of starting a career in teaching or advancing your teaching career.
The Felician Teacher Education Certification (TEC) program is ideal for those who already hold a bachelor's degree. To be eligible for New Jersey teacher certification you must hold a bachelor's degree, complete a New Jersey Teachers certification program and pass the required examinations.
- attain an initial New Jersey State Department of Education teaching certificate; or,
- earn additional endorsements (for those who hold an existing New Jersey State Department teaching certificate).
Available Certificate Programs For Initial Certification
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- Elementary Education (K-6) and Pre-School – Grade 3 Endorsement (P-3)
- Elementary Education (K-6) with a Grade 5-8 Subject Endorsement (English, History, Mathematics, Science)
- Elementary Education (K-6) and a Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD) Endorsement
- Teacher of Art (K-12)
- Teacher of Biology (K-12)
- Teacher of Earth Science (K-12)
- Teacher of Language Arts/Literacy (K-12)
- Teacher of Mathematics (K-12)
- Teacher of Social Studies (K-12)
Available Certificate Programs For Those Who Hold an Existing New Jersey Teaching Certificate
- Early Childhood – Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 3 Endorsement (P-3)
- Grade 5-8 subject-matter Endorsement
- Special Education – Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TOSD) Endorsement
Certificate Program Admission Requirements*
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution.
- At least 60 liberal arts credits at the undergraduate level.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Grade of “B” or better in education and related professional courses is required for transfer credit.
- Transfer credit for education and related professional courses cannot be older than 10 years.
*Please remember that program requirements are subject to change according to guidelines set forth by the State of New Jersey’s Department of Education.